Compare Infor M3 On-premise with M3 Multi-Tenant Cloud
Apr 09 2021
With so much talk about digital transformation, businesses with on-premise versions of Infor M3 or even Movex, are naturally considering whether the next upgrade should be to the M3 multi-tenant cloud edition. This article compares the two.
Infor’s M3 multi-tenant cloud edition has been available since 2018. Since that time, Infor has been continuously building new functionality into the service.
What type of enhancements exist in Infor M3 Cloud?
M3 Cloud Edition (aka M3 CE) currently has over 1600 more enhancements than M3 on-premise and single-tenant cloud. These enhancements include:
On-Premise M3 vs Single-tenant M3 vs Multi-tenant M3 Cloud
We go into more detail about the differences between on-premise vs single-tenant vs multi-tenant in this article about Unlocking the Potential of the Multi-tenant cloud, but put at an extremely high level:
On-premise M3 is when you host the ERP on your own servers
Single-tenant M3 is analogous to hosting your on-premise solution on someone else’s cloud servers
Multi-tenant M3 Cloud is where Infor hosts M3 and your supporting infrastructure in a cloud with other companies, but your data is isolated and invisible to those companies.
So, when looking at the differences, the key is to compare On-premise to Multi-tenant M3 Cloud.
The key differences between M3 On-premise to M3 Multi-tenant Cloud
For a detailed side-by-side comparison, take a look at this data sheet. And here is a high-level summary of the benefits of the M3 Multi-tenant Cloud Edition over on-premise versions:
Transfers responsibility to experts so your IT department can focus on core business:
- AWS cloud infrastructure for market-leading security, reliability, and resilience.
- Built in disaster recovery
- Focus your IT team on core business
- Easier integration with other systems
- Deep access to sophisticated analytics
- Automated and tested application stack
Scalability and resilience
Reduced investment in infrastructure while coping with the peaks and troughs:
- Automatic scaling for dynamic workloads
- Support for highly elastic applications
- Elastic architecture – lower cost and more efficient
- Automatically manage failovers
The last upgrade you will ever need:
- Automated updates with zero or near-zero downtime
- Preview new features – toggle on or off
- 1600 more enhancements and growing
- Adopt innovation at your own pace – don’t rely on major upgrades
- Extensibility tools for tailoring and future proofing
Total cost of ownership
Hardware, operational and security costs all go down:
- Scalable cloud architecture so you don’t need to size hardware to cater for peak performance
- Industry-leading security best practice included
- Includes performance monitoring, optimization, patching upgrades, integrations, testing etc
Faster time to value
Take away the restrictions of hardware and software interdependencies:
- Automated provisioning
- Failures addressed automatically
- Maximum uptime equals higher productivity
We help companies with all types of implementations of Infor M3 and Movex. We understand that not everyone is ready for the move to multi-tenant cloud. If you would like to understand more about the differences between on-premise, single-tenant or multitenant cloud, and how you can approach your transition to cloud journey – we are more than happy to discuss – get in touch with us today.